06:27
0
Wedding of the Dzao ethnic people in Sìn Hồ
Wedding of the Dzao ethnic people in Sìn Hồ

The 16-year-old Dzao ethnic bride is holding tea tray
and she is going to invite guests attending the wedding.
She wears lots of silver jewelery (Tả Phìn village, Sìn Hồ)

19 Sep to 26 Sep 2012 – I was back to Lai Châu province. I just visited this province a couple of months ago and it was my first ever visit to the 60th province of Vietnam in my list. When I was in Lai Châu last July, it rained all the time, so I couldn’t go to Mường Tè, although I already saw the bus going on the route. I decided I would go back on my next trip to the North West. Mường Tè was my priority destination on this trip. Whenever the Vietnamese say “Mường Tè”, it always means a place far away in the mountain which is very poor and remote, although it’s located only 620km northwest of Hanoi. 

The travel companion and I went to the bus station at 5:30am, but the bus only left one hour later. There is only one bus every day from Điện Biên city to Mường Tè town. Our driver put various things onto the roof of the bus and he stopped many times on the way to pick up more guests and we also had lunch on the way, so it took us 9 hours to travel 200km. The road going up mountain is narrow and winding, but the landscape is amazing.

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét