05:51
0

A stone statue at Marble Mountain
A stone statue at Marble Mountain

After visiting Cù Lao Chàm island
in Hội An, I passed by Marble
Mountain. There are many
shops in this area
selling stone products.
The photos in this blog were taken on my two trips to Đà Nẵng city in February 2011 and August 2012. Since my first trip to Đà Nẵng in December 1997 up to date, I have made more than 10 trips to the city. Sometimes I traveled to Đà Nẵng on business, other times I traveled for fun or transit on the way back to Hanoi from Pleiku. Đà Nẵng is the third largest city in Vietnam after Hồ Chí Minh City and Hanoi. It is also the largest city in the Central Vietnam. Possibly speaking, Đà Nẵng is right in the middle of Vietnam on the air route as it takes one hour for the flight from either Hanoi or Hồ Chí Minh city. 

On my different trips to Đà Nẵng I also visited other sites in and around the city, for example, Marble Mountain (Non Nước), Bà Nà hills, Sơn Trà peninsular, Mỹ Khê beach etc. I also like some local food, especially Mỳ Quảng noodles and Bún thịt nướng noodles (see my photos). One of my most interesting experiences was the visit during Tết (Vietnamese lunar new year) in February 2011. I saw the exciting atmosphere before Tết
Sunset over Mỹ Khê beach
Sunset over Mỹ Khê beach

This shot was taken on 9 August 2012.
when people ran around buying flowers and food for the new year celebration and decorating the park. Then I went to Hội An town to experience the New Year’s Eve and back to Đà Nẵng again for flying back home in Hanoi. As I had time before my flight, I went to 29/3 Park in the city and took a boat ride around the lake with the locals. In the area of traditional Tết at the park, there was human chess performed by children and it was still one of the most interesting experiences on my travel. On my recent trip in August 2012 I spent a few hours at Mỹ Khê beach watching the locals playing sport, catching fishes and sewing fishing nets on their round shaped boats. 

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét